Hi everyone, today I am sharing my first recipe with you all. Lets start with an easy one. Muffins, to be very specific – Spinach Tomato Egg Muffins.
My husband and I love these muffins. These muffins are full of proteins, carbohydrates, iron and vitamins which makes it a wholesome and healthy breakfast. For those who are hitting the gym for shredding extra kilos, an alternative is just use the egg white.
So, here are the details of the recipe:
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Yield – 12 muffins
Cook time – 35 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup spinach (washed and drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of oregano (optional)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped capsicum
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree Celsius.
- Grease a regular 12 cup muffin tray with cooking spray or oil.
- In a large pan, beat eggs until smooth. Add milk, salt, pepper, oregano and mix the mixture well.
- Put the washed spinach leaves in the muffin tray.
- Add chopped tomatoes and chopped capsicum and then pour the egg mixture on top of spinach and tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the muffins cool for approximately 5 minutes before removing them from the tray.
- Plate the muffins and serve them with tomato ketchup.
Do give it a try and please share your experiences and pictures.