Minestrone soup is an Italian origin soup. It is a thick soup made with vegetables often with the addition of pasta. The main ingredients of this soup includes any kinds of beans, onions, tomatoes, carrots, celery, stock.
There is no set recipe for minestrone soup, since it is usually made out of whatever vegetables are in season.
In this post, I will be sharing the recipe of minestrone soup which I prefer making.So people get ready to nosh on the minestrone soup . It is hearty and healthy. This soup is fabulous when served with a slice of garlic bread.
Here are the details of the recipe:
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Serve: 2
- Cooking time:20 minutes
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 celery stick chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped (optional)
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup soup mix ( washed and boiled)
- 1/2 cup shell pasta ( boiled)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- bread (to serve)
- In a large heavy pot , heat oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add garlic, chopped onions and cook until translucent. Add 1/2 cup carrot , celery and cook for 1 minute. Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, chives, chilli flakes. Now add flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Once cooked keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker add carrot, cabbage, tomatoes and cover the lid, give it one(1) whistle and turn off the heat. Now blend the veggie mixture.
- Mix the puree to onion, carrot and flour mixture, cook for 2 minutes. Now add the vegetable stock, cooked bean mix, pasta, spinach and broccoli. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot with bread.