Hope everyone had a wonderful beginning of New Year 2017. Yesterday I baked some cookies which was due from very long. Cranberry and Orange Shortbread cookies. Shortbread cookies are easy and tastes great because they require just a handful of ingredients.
They are light and the orange zest provides a refreshing zing that is perfect counterpart to the tart cranberries. It’s a lovely combination. Best part about these cookies is that you can do the preparation whenever you have time and do the baking later.
These shortbread cookies tastes so amazing and I can’t stop eating them. You can eat these cookies with coffee, tea , glass of milk or with no accompanying beverage. 🙂 And trust me these shortbread cookies will become your new favorite.
So quickly lets start with the recipe and ingredients
- Preparation Time -2 hours 10 minutes
- Cook Time 12- minutes
- Yield – 40 to 50 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar. divided
- 1 cup butter, cubed (and cold)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 to 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine cranberries and 1/4 cup of sugar in a food processor and process just until the cranberries are broken down into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Combine flour and remaining sugar in a large bowl.
- Add butter and mix until it becomes crumbly.
- Stir in cranberries, and sugar mixture, orange zest and orange juice.
- Use your hands to knead the dough until it comes together and forms a ball. Work the dough until it comes together.
- Shape dough into a log about to two to two and a half inches in diameter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate it in two hours or upto 72 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F or 180 C
- Take out the refrigerated cookie dough and cut slices of cookie dough about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or just until cookies are set. Do not over bake.
- Let the cookies cool for several minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Do try baking these cookies and share your experiences and pictures of your cookies.:-)