My husband’s favorite cake is a chocolate cake and being its our first anniversary today, it seems only right to make him chocolate cake from scratch.
This is an easy chocolate cake to make and homemade frosting and cake combo is the best. The cake has a fantastic texture and not overly sweet. The frosting of the cake is so smooth, creamy you won’t stop yourself licking your fingers while cooking!!!
This homemade chocolate cake recipe is easy to make and it is a special treat for your loved one’s for special occasion.
So let’s indulge ourselves into this homemade chocolate cake.
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/12 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Beat butter for 30 seconds, slowly add sugar.
- Add eggs (1 at a time) beating after each one. Beat in vanilla, keep it aside.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients and add the dry mixture into the butter and egg mixture
- Add dry ingredients beating after each addition.
- Add 1/2 of the milk, beat. then add the other 1/2 of the milk. Beat just until everything is combined nicely.
- Grease bottom of baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, check it though with a knife and knife coming out clean from the center means it is done.
- Keep the cake for cool in room temperature before applying the frosting
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp nutella (optional)
- Beat all the ingredients until smooth. Once smooth, frosting is ready.
Decorating the Cake
- Take the cake sponge and cut it into two (2) from middle slowly and let it get cool for another 10-15 minutes
- Take the first round and spread the frosting evenly all over the cake, sprinkle chopped cooking chocolate and walnuts.
- Keep the 2nd sponge over first one and now again spread the frosting evenly.
For White Flowers (Optional)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tbsp coffee
- Beat all the ingredients until smooth. Pour the mixture into piping bag using nozzle of your choice and decorate the cake.