Vegetable kolhapuri is a mixed veg curry. It is a popular dish of maharashtrian cuisine and is often found in almost all north Indian restaurants .
Lets talk about it’s background and derivation, Kolhapur is famous for red hot chillies and this dish has the taste of kolhapuri chillies which makes it so tasty.
Veg. Kolhapuri has a very aromatic and spicy flavor that it gets from specially blended curry masala powder and the best part of this curry is it has lots of vegetables which is healthy too. It is typically cooked with potato, peas,cauliflower, carrot. but you can cook it with the vegetables of your choice. You can even add paneer in this dish.
Veg. Kolhapuri is one of the dish which tastes so good and you can’t stop yourself eating once. I tasted this dish in mumbai in one of the restaurants and i like it a lot.
So today I wanted to cook something good for lunch and I cooked veg. kolhapuri and it was super yummy. So will be sharing the recipe with you all.
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom pod
- 4 black pepper
- 3 dried kashmiri red chilli
- 2 tbsp coconut fresh dessicated
Vegetables to boil
- 1/2 medium sized potato, cut into thick pieces
- 1 small carrot, cut into thick pieces
- 5 beans, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 capsicum, cubed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 dried red chilli
- Boil vegetables along with little salt for 10 minutes
- In a large pan dry roast all the masala ingredients and blend them to smooth powder without using adding any water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add dried red chilli, add onion and saute till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and saute well
- Further, add capsicum and saute lightly.
- Now add prepared masala and salt to taste, cook well till the oil separates from the masala.
- Now add boiled vegetables, water and coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Serve veg. kolhapuri with naan or parantha.