For salad lovers like me a green salad with corn, mixed bell peppers, walnuts is always a treat.
I came up with this recipe when I had a similar one in a restaurant. I made my own version of the salad, and here it is for all of you. It is a low carb, gluten free salad.
I used Arugula, spinach, lettuce, red salad leaves, mixed bell peppers and corn. This also gives a nice color to the salad. I added walnuts to give a nice crunch to the salad.
The salad is healthy, full of nutrients, mineral, omega, iron and yes very colorful !!
This salad is simple, healthy yet scrumptious!!
So, here are the details:
Serves: 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup grilled corn kernels
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 red salad leaves
- 1/2 cup mixed bell peppers
- Walnuts as desired
For lemon and mustard dressing
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar ( you can use simple vinegar too)
- 1 tbsp mustard paste ( market bought)
- a pinch of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
1. Mix all the salad leaves, spinach,bell peppers and corn kernels and walnuts in a bowl .
2. In a shaker mix all the ingredients for dressing and pour the dressing over the mix salad .
3. Toss it well , cover it and refrigerate it for half n hour
4. Serve chilled.
Try it out in your kitchen and share your experiences.