With this easy step by step recipe of instant Besan Khaman Dhokla in less than 5 minutes and you do not need to prepare batter 8 or 12 hours in advance. The secret of its sponginess lies in popular Eno Salt. It is so easy to make, you can even prepare this for snacks for guests, for breakfast. Follow this easy recipe and discover how easy it is to make mouth watering khaman dhokla at home.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- 1 cup Gram Flour ( Besan)
- 1/3 cup Semolina (rava/sooji)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed Ginger chilli paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cp curd
- 1 teaspoon Eno Fruit Salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- a pinch sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 to 5 green chillies, slit lengthwise and cut into halves
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated coconut
- Take gram flour in a mixing bowl and mix with water till smooth, make sure there are no lumps.
- Add semolina, curd, salt, chilli garlic paste, oil, sugar , lemon juice and mix it well.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 10 minutes
- Now grease the microwavable safe bowl with lid and keep it aside
- Now add Eno fruit salt and mix it lightly. You will notice its size would increase to almost double.
- Pour the batter into the greased bowl and tap it on all sides
- Cover the bowl with lid
- Put the bowl in microwave for 4 minutes and let it cook
- Take out the bowl from the microwave and let it cool for few minutes. Cut fluffy Khaman Dhokla into small squares using knife.
Directions for Tempering:
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds, when seeds begin to crackle add curry leaves, green chillies, saute them for few seconds.
- Add sugar, and water and bring it to boil, let it cook for a minute over high flame. Tempering is ready. Pour it over the dhoklas and toss gently until each dhokla is coated well with tempering.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves , grated coconut and serve the dhoklas with green coriander chutney.