It’s almost holiday time!! That means it’s cookie and some baking time! Baking smell coming from neighborhood makes me do more of baking. 🙂
I have baked many cookies but never Biscotti before but have eaten it at coffee shops or else have bought from store. So this time thought to bake some Biscotti’s this Holiday season. I have tried this recipe of Biscotti for the first time and it turned out really nice. I have used almonds in this recipe, you can use cranberry, chocolate, dried fruits according to your choice and give it different variations. You can even dipped these Biscotti’s in melted chocolate.
Basically Biscotti is a traditional Italian cookie where the dough is formed into a shape of a log, baked twice, first into a shape of a log, cooled slightly and baked again in slices. Biscotti has a crunchy texture and its preferred to have it with coffee.
You can store them in a air tight container for several weeks.
Try this recipe of Biscotti which I will be sharing with you all and trust me you will fall in love with these yummy, tempting Biscotti’s.
- 3/4 cup of whole almonds (skin off) or skin on
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract ( optional)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit (180 degree Celsius)
- Put almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until fragrant. Let cool and chop them coarsely.
- In a bowl whisk butter and sugar for few seconds, add eggs one by one and whisk everything together.
- Add vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Add all purpose flour and baking powder and salt.
- Now stir in the chopped almonds and stir it until the dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half on a slightly floured surface roll each into a 7 inch log that is about 3-4 inches wide. Transfer the logs into a baking sheet and bake for 30- 35 minutes or until firm (log will spread during baking).
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife cut the log into slices 1/4 -1/2 inch thick on the diagonal. Place the slices of Biscotti on the baking sheet and bake them for 10-15 minutes on one side, turn them over and bake for another 10-15 minutes on other side or until firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Enjoy the Almond Biscotti’s.