I m a huge fan of pastas be it pesto pasta, aglio olio, tomato pasta, Alfredo pasta . I love them all. But my favorite pasta of all time is Tomato Basil Pasta. It is simple and saucy. I love the fresh flavors with it- the fresh basil and parmesan. Its a simple recipe with minimal ingredients. Serve this pasta with warm crusty bread or a fresh green salad.
So let’s start the recipe
Serves: 5 Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb penne or Rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons of garlic
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1-4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes ( or you can use canned)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan for topping
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, according to package instructions, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and crushed red pepper and cook , stirring until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomatoes, crushing them roughly with the back of a wooden spoon, and add tomato paste.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add fresh chopped basil.
- When pasta is cooked, drain the water and add it to the sauce. Toss well. Taste and add more red pepper flakes or salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately with rustic bread or fresh green salad and topped it with generous portion of grated parmesan cheese.
Share your experience and comment below. Would love to hear from you all.