Hi everyone !! Being in United States I miss on lot of food items and one of the item which I miss the most is Mc Veggie Burger from Mc Donalds. 😛 . After searching and trying lot of burger recipes. I have finally got this one and trust me it tastes and looks like Mc Veggie Burger of Mc Donalds.
It is crispy from outside and crunchy in every bite. It’s really delicious and worth try. I am so happy that now I can eat Mc Veggie in US whenever I crave for it…:-) It is homemade no preservatives, nutritious and yummy..!!
And it is totally crave- worthy veggie burger which is easier than you think to make.
This recipe has a special ingredient which makes this burger so delicious. No one will resist to give it a bite.
So here is the recipe which I will share with you all. Please try it soon and share your experiences.
INGREDIENTS FOR BURGER PATTY:
- 3-4 Mid – Size Potatoes (Refrigerate atleast 6 hours before using it)
- 1-Cup Rice Flakes or Poha (SPECIAL INGREDIENT)
- 1 Mid – Size Onion (chopped)
- 1 Mid – Size Carrot (chopped)
- ¼ Cup- Beans (chopped)
- ¼ Cup- 30 Peas
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
INGREDIENTS FOR SPICE MIX:
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- Salt to Taste
- ½ tsp. Mango Powder
- ¼ tsp. Cumin Powder
- ¼ tsp. Parsley dried
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
INGREDIENTS FOR BATTER
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Corn Starch
- ¼ Cup Corn Meal / Polenta / Makki ka Atta
- 1 Tbsp. Refined Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp. Salt or As Per Your Taste
- 1 Cup Ice Cold Water
- Bread Crumbs
INGREDIENTS FOR FRYING
- Oil of your choice (I have used Canola Oil)
INGREDIENTS FOR ASSEMBLING THE BURGER
- Sesame Buns
- Mayonnaise (100% vegetarian)
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Keep boiled potatoes in a refrigerator for minimum of 6 hours before using them
- Keep chopped onion, carrot, beans, peas in hot water for 10 minutes before using them
- Heat the pan and add butter. Now add onion cook for 1 minute.
- Add carrot, beans ,peans and cook for 1-2 minutes. (Please read the important point below).
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes and add Poha and salt and cook for few minutes.
- Add the spice mix and turn off the flame.
- Now keep the patty mixture aside and let it get cool little.
- Now take a plastic wrap or cling and put the mixture into that roll it into log shape and keep it the fridge for not more than 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take the patty mixture and cut it into round patty shape.
- Now Take the prepared batter.
- Put the Veggie Patty into the Batter and take it out and now put the patty into bread crumbs and coat it nicely.
- Heat the oil in pan and fry the patty until it turns golden brown.
- Fry all the Veggie Patty.
- Now Assemble the Burger.
- Take Sesame Buns toast them lightly
- Now on one side of the bun put Mayonnaise and lettuce and on the other bun put Veggie Patty now close the Burger
- Voila Burger is ready.
- Enjoy this burger with fries and ketchup.