Protein bars I just love them and when you can make them at home it’s more awesome . It’s really great to make your own protein bars as you can control what is going into it. You can add ingredients of your choice and even you can control the sugar by using dates etc. that is why I love making my own bars at home.
These protein bars are full of protein and Fibre. It is very simple to make and takes no times. Here I have used some brown sugar and Manuka honey, almonds, walnuts and dried fruits like apricots and cranberry. You can use ingredients of your choice like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and for kids you can even add some milk chocolate, M&M, peanut butter etc. These protein bars are perfect for snacking and keeps you full for long period of time. These bars are so delicious that once you start making them at home I promise you won’t buy that from store any further.😊
That’s why I love making my own protein bars at home.
So here goes the list of ingredients and recipe for Protein Bars
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cups total extra mix-ins (about 1/4 cup of 3 different ingredients such as dried fruits, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment or foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place the oats and nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly toasted. Place the nuts and oats in a large bowl.
- While the oats are toasting, add the honey, butter, and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. When butter mixture is ready, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt. Pour this mixture over the oats and nut mixture and stir to combine. Add any extra ingredients (except for chocolate) and stir to combine. Make sure none of the oats are dry.
- If you are adding chocolate, wait about 15 minutes for the mixture to cool a bit before adding the chocolate and then stirring to combine.
- Place all of the oat mixture in the prepared pan. Use a rubber spatula or the bottom of a greased measuring cup to press the mixture into the pan. Chill the granola bars for at least 2 hours. Lift the bars from the pan using the edges of the foil or parchment and place them on a cutting board. Cut into desired shape/sizes and serve.