Tofu is one food item with which I haven’t experiment much in terms of cooking. I always had it in my noodles, stir fry etc.
I had loads of leftover tofu with me and wanted to try something new and different with it. After thinking a lot what to be made with Tofu, I thought to try grilled tofu. So for making grilled Tofu I prepared my own marination with the things I already had in my pantry. And guess what it turned out to be very tasty. So thought to share my own recipe of the marination with you all.
This dish has too may flavors. It is healthy, tasty and vegan!! You can serve it with green vegetables if you want to eat healthy, you can even serve it with fried rice if you are not thinking about carbs. Here I have served it with Aglio Olio Pasta which is a very simple and quick pasta . The best part about Aglio Olio is the garlic flavor. I just love that garlic flavor. I will share the recipe of Aglio Olio too in the same post. For this dish you can firm tofu from the store.
This is a great flavorful recipe for Tofu Lovers !!
Lets start with the recipe and instructions
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion or spring onion
- Keep the tofu to drain for 10 minutes. Slice tofu into 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- In a mortar or pestle put cumin seeds, salt, combine put cumin seeds, red chilli powder, black powder, garlic powder and salt and mix well.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Now combine the dried mixture into sauce and oil mixture.
- Now add the tofu pieces into the marination and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat two tablespoon pan in a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan over high heat and carefully place the marinated tofu in the pan.
- Cook the tofu for 3-5 minutes .
- When the bottom is golden brown flip the tofu and again cook for 3 minutes and flip it again.
- Grilled Tofu is ready. Garnish it with chopped cilantro and scallion or spring onion.
- Serve it hot with side of your choice.
Let me share the recipe and instructions of Aglio Olio Pasta
- dried spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Cook spaghetti according to the package directions, until it is al dente.
Strain spaghetti and place in a large serving dish.
In a pan heat olive oil, add garlic and cook until garlic turns golden brown, now add red chilli flakes, parsley and salt. Now turn off the heat.
- Add the oil mixture into the drained spaghetti. Serve warm.