Paneer(Indian Cottage cheese) in thicker, spicier onion tomato gravy. It is very popular vegetarian dish from Indian cuisine. The gravy of this recipe is different from the gravies which you generally eat with Paneer. I like to to eat Paneer Masala when I bored of eating the same old Paneer gravies like Paneer Butter Masala, Kadhai paneer etc. . This recipe is packed with flavors. I generally cook this Paneer Masala whenever I am in a hurry because it is so easy to prepare and with few ingredients on hand. You can serve it with any Indian bread or even steamed rice, it is definitely going to satisfy your tastebuds like never before.
You guys must try this recipe. If you bored of eating Paneer in same gravies.!!
So let’s me share the list of ingredients and steps for this recipe.
- Paneer -300g
- salt- to taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp (kashmiri)
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Haldi Powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Ghee to cook paneer
- Chopped Coriander
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Crushed Cardamom – 3-4
- Crushed Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Crushed Cloves – 4-5
- Minced Onions – 3 medium (finely chopped or blended)
- Ginger – 1 juliennes
- Chopped Garlic – 4-5 cloves
- Salt – as per taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Coriander – Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Besan – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- chopped Minced Tomato – 4 med
- In a bowl add paneer cubes. Now add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, haldi powder, and 2 tsp water. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Puree the tomatoes and mince the onions.
- In a pan, add the oil. Once hot, add the cumin seeds, crushed cardamom, crushed cinnamon stick, crushed cloves.
- Now add the minced onion and cook in medium flame until light golden.
- Now add ginger and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now in a small add besan, coriander cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and add the spice mixture into the onion and ginger garlic mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree add salt and cook until oil starts to separate from the masala.
- Add the crushed kasoori methi..
- Now take a pan. Heat ghee and add the Paneer cubes. Cook it for few minutes. (Don’t have to brown the paneer).
- And, as the spices are cooked and oil starts to separates add the paneer cubes and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add water according to the thickness you want.
- Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir well and serve hot with tandoori rotis, naans, rice or just dig in with a spoon!!