With split green gram you can make different dishes like pesarattu dosa, this dosa is eaten in Andhra Pradesh, India. It is healthy, light and tastes delicious. Like here I have tried these paniyaram with split green gram and they were delicious too.
This recipe is easy to prepare which gets ready in no time. You can make it for breakfast or for evening snack. This delicious recipe is healthy option for your small hunger panks..
Here are the list of ingredients and steps
- Whole Green Gram (Moong): 1 Cup
- Rice Flour: ½ cup
- Bengal Gram: 2 Spoons
- Onion 2 Medium Sized
- Green chillies: 5-6
- Ginger: 1.5 inch long piece
- Cumin Seeds: 1 spoon
- Chopped Coriander: ½ cup
- Salt: As per taste
- Baking Soda: A pinch
- Oil: 1.5 tsp.
- Mustard and Cumin Seeds: 1 spoon each
- Curry Leaves Chopped: 1 spoon
- Asafoetida: A Pinch
- Moong Dal Paniyaram is very easy to prepare. The time goes only in soaking and grinding the green gram.
- Wash moong thoroughly and soak it in fresh water and leave it aside for 5-6 hrs.
- Soak Chana Dal (Bengal Gram) Separately in a small Bowl.
- Drain out the water from the green gram and grind it along with ginger, cumin seeds, 3 green chillies and salt to smooth and medium thick batter. It should be little bit thicker than the dosa batter
- Take out the batter in a bowl and add rice flour, remaining green chillies sliced, finely chopped onions, coriander, chana dal, baking soda and mix well. The purpose of adding rice flour is ensure some crispy and also prevents the batter from sticking to the hot pan.
- Prepare the seasoning with the ingredients given under the seasoning section
- Add the seasoning to the batter and mix well
- Leave this mixture aside for some time. If you planning it to prepare it on the the next day then refrigerate this batter. It should not be left out at room temperature like idli/dosa batter.
- Take out the batter from the refrigerator and let it settle down to room temperature before preparing moong dal paniyaram
- Heat the Non Stick Paniyaram pan, and once its hot drizzle some drops of oil in each dent and pour in One teaspoon of Batter in each dent.
11. Cover the Paniyaram pan with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 mins.
12. Now turn the paniyaram on the other side using a wooden skewer or spoon and again close the lid and let it cook for another 3-4 min
13. Once the colour turns to golden brown and crispy remove them from the pan.
14. Repeat this process for the next set of paniyarams.
15. Serve with any chutney