Few days back I had this type of salad in a Mexican Restaurant though it was not similar because it had mayo as a dressing.I really liked the texture and taste of the salad. It was so flavorful and colorful too.. :-D. But you can’t have such heavy mayo dressing salad every-time, right.!!
So here I have created my version of Mexican salad. This salad is so versatile, you can have it with anything, you can use it as a dip with Naachos, in a Taco filing, burritos literally anything.
It is a simple salad to whip up just throw in whatever veggies you like here. you can use any kind of beans like black beans . Here I have used kidney beans, mixed bell peppers, corn, onion, tomatoes.
Guys please do try this recipe it is really tasteful and I am sure you all will love this.!!
Here are the list of ingredients and instructions:
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt *
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Splash of oil
- 4 ears corn about 3 cups kernels, shucked and kernels removed (or frozen corn) *
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed or any other home cooked beans
- 1 cup mixed bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
Mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
Heat oil over medium/high heat in a large saute pan then add garlic and corn. Cook about 5 minutes, flipping frequently. Gently toss with lime juice and salt.
In a large bowl, combine corn mix, black beans, pepper, onion, cilantro, and cheese. Drizzle sauce over and serve either warm or cold. Perfect over tacos, as a chip dip, or by itself!
- *If using Greek yogurt, add a dash of milk to thin it out.
- *If using frozen cook please cook it in a boiling water for few minutes.