Mangoes!!! who doesn’t love mangoes…I just love mangoes and can have it any form either mango shakes, mango smoothies, ice cream etc. Now a days I am trying new recipes with mangoes as I am having lots of mangoes lying in my fruit basket and wanted to use them but didn’t wanted to have regular shakes, ice creams as had enough of them. As summers are going on so wanted to try some drink or cooler out of mangoes because as my husband comes from work he wants something cool to drink like lemonade, cold coffee, lassi etc. So wanted to surprise him by making him this drink as he loves mangoes and chillies. !! What could be better option to mix both the ingredients and see the outcome. And guys it was a worth try.
This recipe came to my mind because long time back while traveling I read about this recipe in some magazine but didn’t remember exactly the ingredients. I just know that it had chillies.
So I told myself lets try this recipe with thai green chilli and see how it will turn. It turned really tasty and refreshing. A perfect summer drink to beat the heat. !! It had a distinct flavor which I really liked. I m gonna make this drink all summer. It has a pleasant taste and also it is sweet and spicy. The chilli gives it a perfect kick to this drink. which makes it so palatable. It tastes really amazing. You gotta try this.!!
So here is the recipe and Instructions of Mango Chilli lemonade..
- 1+1/2 Mango – chunks
- 1 green chilli- chopped and slightly bruised
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4th tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
Chilli salt rim
1/4th tsp salt+1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Add chunk of mangoes in a blender with sugar and puree it.
- Empty mango puree in a jug/picther. Add in bruised green chilli, salt and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Now add 1/2 litre chilled water and stir everything properly.
- Taste and adjust sweet and sour as per your taste.
- Spread chilli salt mix on a quarter size plate. Run lemon wedge along the edges of glass and dip in chilli salt mixture.
- Put the rimmed glasses in a freezer to chill.
- Pour mango lemonade in the glass and add more ice if required.
- Serve immediately.