This is one of my favorite curry of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) out of so many. In restaurant they give paneer butter masala in a smooth creamy tangy gravy. I always use to like that because have never tried this version of butter paneer Masala, you all must try this recipe and I am sure you all will love it. This recipe I prepare on those days when you want to enjoy a nice and tasty paneer at home without much hassle of preparation.
The main trick is in this recipe which makes it so tasty and delicious is the ratio of onion and tomatoes. You have to keep it in mind for sure for best results. The ratio is always has to be 1:2 if you using one onion and use two tomatoes. This is the key of this recipe.
Binge on this recipe with any sort of bread you get your hands on like Naan, Tandoori roti, laccha parantha or even steamed rice. I prefer it with laccha parantha.
It does not have a long process and not much time consuming.
It is a hit in my family and friends..!!
Here is the list of ingredients and steps of this recipe:
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- 250 gms of paneer in cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped green chilli
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fenugreek or Kasuri methi
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and cook for about 5-7 minutes
- Now add ginger, garlic and chopped green chilli. Cook for another 5 minutes or so
- Now add tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt and cook until the tomatoes becomes soft and it starts to leave oil on the sides of the pan.
- Now add water and cook it for a minute.
- Add the paneer cubesamd mix it well and again cook for a minute.
- Now add Kasuri methi and chopped Coriander. Mix everything well.
- Lastly add cream and cook for 30 seconds?
- Turn of the heat and your paneer butter masala is ready to be served.
- Enjoy it with laccha parantha or any other bread or even steamed rice.
Do share your experiences and feedbacks.😊