Hi guys..I have a real treat for you today..I’ve put together this simple recipe of cookies which you can make and fill with anything of your choice like rasperry jam, nutella, vanilla cream. Here in my recipe I have filled these crunchy buttery cookies with raspberry jam, nutella and dipped few in melted chocolate.
This is the perfect time for get baking these yummy cookies as the festivals and holiday season approaching. These cookies are easy to make , beautiful to look , fun to make with your kids and yummy dessert to enjoy at tea time or whenever you want.!!
Do bake these cookies and enjoy them with your loved ones..!!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 8 tablespoon of cornflour
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tsp milk
- any jam of your choice or any other filling or nutella or melted chocolate
- Cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven at 360 degree celsius and prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a hand blender or by hand until it becomes soft.
- Add vanilla essence and milk.
- Now sieve all purpose flour and cornflour and mix well into the sugar and butter mixture and mix until the dough is prepared
- Once dough is prepared, divide the two equal parts .
- Take one part pf the dough and roll it into sheet. The thickness should be about 1/8 inch, not to thick nor too thin.
- With the help of cookie cutter cut out discs or any desired shape. Do the same with remaining portions. From half of these total discs, cut a hole from the middle with a smaller/fluted cookie cutter.
- Transfer and place them on prepared baking tray leaving enough space in between 2 cookies.
- Bake them in preheated oven for 12- 14 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow them to rest on baking tray for 5 minutes, later transferred them on cooling rack to cool down completely.
- When ready to assemble melt the jam by warming it up in microwave for 1 minute.
- For assembling, place the cookies (without holes), flat side facing up. Spread jam, nutella or any other filling evenly on each cookie (without hole).
- Now place the cookie with hole on top and press it gently.
- You can even dipped single cookie in melted chocolate and garnish it the sprinkles, almond.
- Your cookies are ready to enjoy.
Do try this cookies at home and share your experiences. Would love to hear from you.!!! Happy Baking..!!