Hi everyone…I know I am posting today after few days, with 6th months old it gets tough sometimes to cook and click a picture…will try to post recipes frequently..newaz today I am sharing with you all recipe of sabudana and in English it is known as Tapioca Sago.
In India mainly people eat Tapioca when fasting, where they don’t eat things like wheat and others. But few people like me can have it anytime. I like Tapioca cutlets a lot with nice mint sauce. The preparation of these cutlets does not take much time. Here I have shallow fried them in a pan but if you want you can even deep fry these beauties in oil.
Let me share the ingredients and instructions for making these cutlets.
- 1 cup Tapioca Sago pearls ( sabudana)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 boiled and mashed potato
- 1-2 teaspoon chopped green chillies
- 2-3 teaspoon chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder( optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons of oil
- In a bowl put Tapioca pearls and wash them thoroughly in running water.
- Now in washed Tapioca put 1/2 cup water and keep it aside for 2 hours or until Tapioca can be mashed up with ur fingers
- Once Tapioca is ready take out the excess water if there is any.
- Now in the Tapioca add mashed potato, green chillies, Coriander, salt, blackpepper and mix it well with your hands until everything comes together.
- Now rub 1-2 drops of oil in your hand and take a small ball sized mixture form into a cutler shape or any shape you like.
- Repeat the step and prepared cutlets with all the mixture.
- Now take a pan and heat oil.
- Once the oil is heat up put the cutlets and let it cool for 10 minutes until it turns little golden in colour
- Now flip the cutlets to other side and cook them for another 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Once cutlets are ready, take out from the pan and served it hot with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
Do try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you guys.!!