As Diwali is approaching and I am on full swing of preparing snacks, sweets for friends and family and I am sure you all must be doing the same.
Today I have tried these swirls which turn out to be crispy, crunchy and light to eat. Without making lengthy I will quickly share the recipe and ingredients of these swirls..
- 2 cups Sooji (Semolina)
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- salt to taste
- water for kneading the dough
- oil for frying
- 1 fork
- Take a bowl and add sooji (semolina), oil , kasuri methi, salt and knead the dough.
- Now sprinkle some water on the dough keep the dough aside for 15 minutes
- Now again knead the dough for 5 minutes or until it becomes soft
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts
- Now take 1 part and roll the dough in round shape just like you roll for chapati, not too thick or too thin
- Now cut the strips on the roll vertically and horizontally and small squares will come out after the cutting
- Now a take a fork and 1 square piece of dough, stick the piece on the back side of the fork press it lightly ( If you guys face problem while doing so please let me know will share the photo or video.)
- Now fold it slowly so it will become curls or swirls jus like in the picture
- Repeat the process for all the square pieces of dough
- Heat oil in a fry pan
- Fry these swirls until golden brown.
Do try making them at home this Diwali and share your experiences, would love to hear from you.
Happy Diwali guys..!!! 🙂