Dahi bhalle or dahi vade..!! This is north India’s one of the most popular dish in every household, everyone just loves it and so does me and my husband..😊
I made them few days back and trust me guys they were yum yum yum…the balls were sooo soft just melts in the mouth with the yogurt and other spices and chutneys ooh boy my mouth is watering while writing this post… 😄
To get the perfect vade or bhalle you have to beat the batter until it becomes light and fluffy. This is a very important step for soft and fluffy vade or bhale.
Dahi bhalle or dahi vade is a deep fried lentils balls which is served with yogurt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, Coriander and mint chutney and tamarind chutney without these this dish is incomplete. ( If you guys want will share the recipe of both the chutneys in next post)
You must try out this recipe for your friends and family and I am sure they will love it…
Do try it out and share your experiences about it..
So here is the list of ingredients and steps for making dahi bhalle or dahi vade
For vade or bhalle
- 1 cup urad Dal
- 3/4 cup moong Dal
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped cashewnuts
- Water for soaking the Dal or lentils
- 3 to 4 tbsp for grinding the lentils
- Oil for frying
- Water for soaking the vade or bhalle
- A pinch of asafetida
For yoghurt mixture
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Coriander and mint chutney
- Roasted cumin powder
- Red chilli powder
- Wash and soak the Dal or lentils for atleast 6 to 8 hours or overnight
- Take a blender and put it in a jar and grind it into a fine paste
- Once batter is ready, beat the batter with hands until it is light and fluffy ( this will take 10 minutes approximately)
- Now add ginger and cashew and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, once the oil is heated add spoonful of batter into the oil.
- Fry the vade or bhalle till they become golden brown and crisp. Drain them on paper towels to remove extra oil.
- Now in a big bowl add water and add asafetida in to the water and mix it well.
- Add the vade or bhalle into the water and set aside the same for at-least 30 minutes before serving.
- Now lightly squeeze the vade or bhalle and put it in a serving dish.
- Mix together yogurt and sugar and pour the mixture over the vade or bhalle
- Now top it with some Coriander and mint chutney and tamarind chutney
- And after this sprinkle some red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder and salt and serve.😊