Dosas you all must have tried these yummy, crispy and flavorful dish. I so like dosas that I can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner seriously. I often make them at home as it simple (once you get the trick of making these crispy dosas I am sure you gonna make them almost everyday…:-D.
What can be more good than homemade bread. 🙂 Pav are very popular in Maharashtra. It is very soft bread which is served with many dishes like pav bhaji, dabeli, Missal pao and they are really easy to make.! My family enjoys the most these pav with Pav bhaji a blend of vegetables. I will share the recipe with you guys, so do try them out.
- Milk – 100ml
- Yeast – 1 Tsp
- Sugar – ½ Tbsp
- Maida / Plain Flour – 125g / 1 Cup
- Salt – ½ Tsp
- Milk Powder – 1 Tbsp / 9gms
- Butter – 10 gms / 2 tsps
- Milk & Butter – For Brushing
- To the warm milk, add the sugar and the yeast. Stir and keep aside to proof for 10 mins.
- In your working platform place the flour, salt and the milk powder. Mix and make a well in center.
- Add the proofed yeast mixture, which would have been frothy so far. Get your hands in and form this into a soft-pasty kind of dough. If the mixture does not turn out to be soft and sticky consistency, add more milk to it and make it sticky and soft.
- Add in the butter and start kneading it. Knead this by pushing the dough with heel of your palm.. This is going to be very sticky and kind of paste like, but this is how it is supposed to be. Just keep kneading and scraping once in a while for 15 minutes.
- After about 15 mins of kneading, this will come together and would be more like a dough than a sticky pasty mass.
- Place this into a bowl with a lil bit of oil, coat the dough and the bowl with the oil, cover with a damp cloth and let it proof for 1 hour or until doubled in a warm spot.
- Once doubled in volume, punch and take the dough out, sprinkle a bit of flour and knead for a minute.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. My dough weighed 245 grams. And I portioned about 40gms each.
- Smooth-en out each portion by rolling them between your palm and fingers. Place the shaped portions in a 6″ square cake tin. You can make in a round one as well.
- Cover the cake tin with a cloth and let the pavs proof for another hour or until well risen.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Now bake them in a preheated oven for 12- 15 minutes, check after 12 minutes if lightly brown than broil it for few seconds monitoring closely.
- Take them out once they’re baked well.. Brush the tops with butter. Now take a damp cloth and cover the tin for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Using a knife, loosen the sides and carefully take the pavs out..
- Fresh homemade Pavs are ready to enjoy..!!
Do try it out guys and share your experience.!
Uttapam is a popular South Indian breakfast dish, it is traditionally made from rice and lentil(dal) batter which requires preparation like soaking the grains and grinding them, but this Rava uttapam is an instant one. It does not require much preparation. I like to prepare Rava uttapam for breakfast as it is a hassle free dish which prepares in no time and it is really a good and wholesome breakfast too. This recipe requires yogurt, sooji / Rava or semolina and vegetables of your choice, here I have used onion, tomato and coriander. You can use capsicum, spring onion, corn anything you have in your refrigerator.
Cookies!!! Who doesn’t love cookies. Me and my husband loves cookies but he likes homemade cookies if it is store bought he will just have one or two cookies that’s why prefer making cookies at home..
And even I think this season is best for baking as it calls for cookies and cakes..😊
I like chocolate chip cookies which are chewy, soft just melts in your mouth. (more…)
Idli or Idly is a rice cake prepared in steam which is originating from the southern part of India. It is a popular breakfast recipe which is served with spicy and tangy lentil known as Sambhar and coconut chutney and with the roasted ground masala.
Idlis are soft and fluffy steamed rice cake which are made from fermented batter of lentil ( Dal) and rice.
In my family everyone is fond of idlis they can have it breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are so light, healthy and a wholesome meal and I love making them.
You can even prepare different recipes using leftover idlis like fried idli, idli chilli. ( If you guys want I will share the recipe)..😊
Hi guys..I have a real treat for you today..I’ve put together this simple recipe of cookies which you can make and fill with anything of your choice like rasperry jam, nutella, vanilla cream. Here in my recipe I have filled these crunchy buttery cookies with raspberry jam, nutella and dipped few in melted chocolate. (more…)
This Mixed Berries Smoothie bowl is rich, creamy, hearty, healthy and really easy to make with variety of toppings of your choice.
Summers are about to over and I want to make the most of it by making this delicious Mixed berries smoothie bowl. I m a fan of smoothies and smoothie bowl because they are so easy to prepare and they are full of nutritions and vitamins. You just have to throw all the ingredients together in a blender and it is done, you can make it look pretty with the toppings of your choice. Smoothies bowls can be customized according to the flavors and toppings of your choice. You can prepare it with fruits of your choice. Smoothies bowls are so fun to make and takes no time. you can prepare them when in rush for work or on when you want to enjoy your smoothie bowl on a lazy Sunday morning. 🙂
I like to use fresh fruits and dry fruits in my smoothie bowl as a topping. You can even use granola, hemp hearts, chia seeds.
I always keep frozen fruits on hand and even freeze ripe bananas because they make the smoothies so creamy. Try out this smoothie bowl with the flavor and toppings of your choice.
Hope you all enjoy this smoothie bowl and make the most of last days of summers..!!
Hi everyone, today I am sharing my first recipe with you all. Lets start with an easy one. Muffins, to be very specific – Spinach Tomato Egg Muffins.
My husband and I love these muffins. These muffins are full of proteins, carbohydrates, iron and vitamins which makes it a wholesome and healthy breakfast. For those who are hitting the gym for shredding extra kilos, an alternative is just use the egg white.
So, here are the details of the recipe: