Cookies!!! Who doesn’t love cookies. Me and my husband loves cookies but he likes homemade cookies if it is store bought he will just have one or two cookies that’s why prefer making cookies at home..
And even I think this season is best for baking as it calls for cookies and cakes..😊
I like chocolate chip cookies which are chewy, soft just melts in your mouth.
I have added a special ingredient which I have added in these cookies to make them soft from middle and that ingredient is cornstarch.
This is an easy cookie recipe so do try this out in this holiday season for your loved ones.
Enjoy these cookies with a glass of cold milk just dunk your cookie into a glass of milk and enjoy every bite of it.!!
Ingredients for chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup lightly toasted and coarsely chopped pecans and walnuts
- In a bowl or stand mixer cream the butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Now add egg and vanilla extract.
- Now sieve the dry ingredients all purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Turn on your stand mixer or by hand mix everything until blended properly
- Now add chocolate chips, Pecan and walnuts and mix them well with a rubber spatula.
- Dough is prepared
- Now scoop portions from the dough as per your choice for the size of the cookie and roll it into a ball and place them onto a parchment paper on a lined baking tray.
- Chill the rolled balls of dough for atleast an hour before baking.
- Once cookie dough is chilled you can bake them or keep them in zip pouches and freeze them for later use.
- Now Preheat the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the chilled cookie dough in a parchment paper lined baking tray leaving 3 inches between the cookies and bake them for 15-18 minutes until browned around the edges. Cool the cookies in the baking tray.
- If you baking frozen cookie dough arrange them in a baking tray and thaw them for 20 minutes at room temperature and bake them as above.
Enjoy these cookies and share your experiences..